What are balsamic condiments?
Balsamic condiments are products made by mixing concentrated grape must with quality wine vinegar. Just as with classic balsamic vinegar, the product is matured in special wooden barrels. This allows the fermentation process of the vinegar to be completed and leads to the food acquiring the typical aroma and flavour of the balsamic dressing. Let’s get to know the various balsamic dressings by mentioning their different characteristics.
The differences between condiments and balsamic vinegar
You may have wondered what the difference is between balsamic vinegar and balsamic condiments. This may be mainly because the ingredients and the production process are very similar to those used for the preparation of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena P.G.I. Traditional P.G.I. vinegar, on the other hand, is produced using only cooked must.
The condiments are distinguished by their density and consistency. Among other things, they are not governed by specifications like traditional D.O.P. and Balsamic I.G.P. and do not have to undergo specific ageing procedures. The choice of bottling is also reserved to the producer, who may use any type of container.
Balsamic vinegar can only be marketed after a certain period of ageing. For the traditional PDO, in particular, the use of additives is not permitted. Furthermore, the product must only be bottled in 100 ml glass bottles.
Some examples of balsamic condiments
Among the various products on the market, you will find different types of balsamic condiments. Our own, i.e. those of Acetaia Marchi, are characterised by variable acidity and density. They are made from cooked grape must and wine vinegar. They are all 100% natural products and contain no preservatives, dyes, thickeners, antioxidants, sweeteners or added sulphites.
Here are some of our balsamic seasoning products
- “Il Delicato 6” is a dark brown balsamic seasoning that will win you over with its sweet and sour flavour. Very delicate and pleasant, it is recommended for daily use and ideal for seasoning various dishes.
- “La Riserva 16” is another of our prestigious balsamic dressings. It is the result of the combination of a fine cooked must and an excellent wine vinegar. It is clear black in colour and has an intense flavour with fruity notes. It is perfect to enhance your risottos, but also prawns and fritters.
- “Prezioso 9“: the name says it all about this condiment made from the best grapes. The racking in acacia barrels gives the product a special creaminess and aroma. You can use this condiment to enrich many different dishes.
- “Leggendario 26” is a product with an intense taste, matured for a long time in quality wooden barrels. It is a delight for the palate. It is one of the balsamic seasonings that you can enjoy with not too mature cheeses, on strawberries or even on a simple pudding.
- The Organic white Condiment is a unique product made from a mixture of cooked grape must and wine vinegar. With its straw-yellow hue, it boasts appreciable density and a delicate taste. For the preparation of this condiment, only white Trebbiano grapes from the region, organically grown, are chosen.
We invite you to discover all our products: our balsamic condiments are all of high quality, genuine and prepared using traditional methods. They will win you over from the first taste!